Monday, September 29, 2008

I am converted

This past weekend I was able to attend a Paper Cowgirl Workshop. Now, if you have seen my work you know that I am a jewelry/metals person. Paper has never really grabbed me.

I took two of the workshops. FUN FUN FUN! My sweet and precious (cough* hack*) cousin, Kristi was forced to volunteer to be my "paper partner". We had a blast. I am a true convert. I love paper. This workshop reminded me of vacation Bible school when I was a kid. Glue. Scissors. Stamps. More glue. and lots of laughing (we even got cupcakes). The worst part of all, is getting your palate wet, and then being put in the most wonderful scrapbook store I had ever seen, and knowing you couldn't buy everything you wanted. It's like a kid in a candy store. I even came away with a bumper stick for my (soon to be bought and new car-hence the wreck last week) "I know Jan Thomason". I feel so special now.

3 comments:

Texas Library Lady said...

I am so glad I was volunteered to go! I had a great time and can't wait until the next time we can do something like this, be creative and have fun.

I am also very happy they (the ladies at the retreat) guilted you into creating a blog. I know you will have a blast writing and letting us all know about EVERYTHING you do! You go girl.

Love you...Sweet & Precious :)

Jan Thomason said...

gosh, char-lah-tay, i wouldn't say that we "guilted" you into creating a blog! .....it just became very evident that you and about half of our class didn't have blogs and then there were the rest of us - bloggers to the bone! LOL
i think your blog is looking just great!
do you know how to change fonts when you post, how to change the colors of your backgrounds?
now, as far as listing the blogs that you're following, my blogspot is of the old school and i simply have a list called something like, "what i'm reading when i should be...." and then i list (and unlist) as my life evolves. I (and anyone else) am able to click on those blog names and go straight to their blog and read their posts.
that's how i do it.

if you need any help, email me - thomranch@hctc.net, and i'll help you as much as i can.
it's very simple once you get the hang of it:)

xoxo,jan

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

I'm sooo glad you came and we got to meet you!! Hope the booth went well and you made tons of money!! See you next year at PC, if not before~ hugs,tina