Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Why Do I Have to Work When I Only Want to Create

J O B. sigh.

I am currently trying to come up with this grand idea of how I can make enough money to pay all my bills while designing jewelry insteading of having to go to my J O B. I just such enjoyment from being in my studio, and just being left alone so I can get my creative juices flowing. It seems so far and few between that I can actually do it. Lucky me, I will get to teach a class at the upcoming Paper Cowgirl Retreat in June. This will give me something to look forward to. I am even getting out of the house this weekend and going on a "quest". Antique stores, here I come. Planning on heading out to Canton the following weekend.

I am currently designing a pocket watch collage to be donated to "The Ark" a shelter for physically and sexually battered individuals. They are having their big fund raiser coming up, and like last year I will be donating some pieces of work.

I just read about a lady and her family of four trying to live the rest of the year out on $1500 for their groceries, personal items, and their medical co-pays. She has two toddlers, and for a year their milk alone is $611.00. I have actually subscribed, or RSS'd to her blog. I figure if she has time at home to find all the bargains, coupons, and deals...I'd be dumb NOT to read her page from time to time. You can find her at: http://www.livingon1500foroneyear.blogspot.com/

There is more to this story as to how they are doing it, but I will let you read up on that.

1 comment:

Sandra at 7th St. Studio said...

creative
Hey Charlotte! Just wanted to say thanks for a fab class at Paper Cowgirl, we all loved it so much!!! You were a fantastic teacher and I loved working on the compact! Gigi and I really had a ball in your class! Thanks so much-Sandra Feazel